Asbestos is a mineral used as a building material since the beginning of 1900. It became popular because of its fire resistance and durability. Fiber cement is a combination of asbestos fibers and Portland cement. However, we now know the serious risks to health from exposure to asbestos. If inhaled, asbestos fibers and deterioration of the products can cause lung cancer. If you have a flat fiber cement, it is important not wear the fibers. You can seal it with a primer and paint, but never pula or scrape the ground. Choose a 100% high quality acrylic exterior primer, alkali resistant and paints.
- Covers non-asbestos surfaces that surround the asbestos cement floor with the polyethylene sheets. Fasten them with tape.
- Gently cleans the floor and a damp mop to remove dust and dirt. Do not color it. Let the soil dry completely.
- Pour the first into the low pressure sprayer. Spraying the surface of the floor. Let it dry.
- Pour the paint into the low pressure sprayer. Spraying the surface of the floor. Let it dry.
- Clean boots with a damp cloth. Put the rag, mop, polyethylene sheets, tape, disposable clothing, gloves and any other residue that may have been contaminated by asbestos in a polythene bag and seal it with tape. Put the bag inside another and close it with tape. Label it.
Tips & Warnings
- Contact your waste disposal company to inquire about how to dispose of the bag.