A new color can give life to any room. Unfortunately, many people avoid painting tasks for the time and muscle exercise that requires carrying out the activity. While aerosol paint cans can be more expensive than traditional paints, they are a good choice for someone who needs simple coverage without the brushwork. Painting a room with aerosol is relatively straightforward with the right knowledge.
- Remove all furniture from the room. The main disadvantage of spray painting is that it can sometimes be spread on nearby objects, so you always want to have the room free before painting.
- Accommodates plastic tarps to prevent paint from staining the floor.
- Use masking tape to protect the moldings and other details that you do not want to paint accidentally. If you do not plan to paint the ceiling, place masking tape and newsprint near the joints with the walls along about 3 feet from the edge. The paint that spreads usually floats down, but it is recommended to protect the edges .
- Put on a mask to protect you from dust, goggles and a work overcoat, according to Life Spy.
- Spray first with multipurpose fixative on the walls. Without this, you probably need to give more layers of paint to fit the cover. When spraying, hold the can 6 to 12 inches (15 to 30 cm) away from the wall and apply the spray on smooth horizontal lines with a 50 percent overlap.
- Check the fixative container to see how long you should wait before applying the paint. The different brands of this product will have different drying times, but you can usually paint over in a few hours.
- Place the first coat of latex paint on the walls. As with the fixative, you should move the can between 6 and 12 inches, spraying horizontally with a 50 percent overlap to achieve good coverage.
- Wait at least 2 hours for the first coat of paint to dry.
- Apply a second coat if necessary. Spray paint generally covers well with a single coat, especially if you superpose at least 50 percent. However, for very dark colors, you will need a second coat.
- Wait at least 48 hours before removing the masking tape and replacing the furniture. Even if the paint is dry to the touch, it could be moved to the furniture if there is prolonged contact by placing them prematurely in the room.